About the role
The Legal Counsel will oversee all the legal aspects of our business. The ideal candidate will safeguard the reputation and interests of the company, by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows legal guidelines. You will give legal advice to management about all relevant issues, contracts, changes in relevant law and legal structure of the company. The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of risk exposure.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Administration of corporate structure, including set-up, liquidation and ongoing legal matters for all group entities in different jurisdictions (Cyprus, Dubai, China, UK)
· General corporate governance work for operational and holding companies in the group
· Formulate, provide, advise and/or review all contracts agreements between the company and third parties to ensure that the company’s interest is protected and the best commercial position is maintained.
· Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces.
· Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust.
· Collaborate with management to devise efficient strategies.
· Provide internal legal advice related to acquisitions and registration of new companies etc.
· Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
· Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
BSc degree Law and International / LLB Law
Master’s degree will be considered as an advantage, preferably in International Corporate Law.
Substantial work experience in related field corporate, commercial and intellectual property law
Proven experience of at least 5 years, as a legal counsel in business environment.
Fluent in the English language.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation.
Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
Excellent analytical and problem solving-skills
Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information.
Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
Strong managerial skills
Good attention to detail and strong organizational skills
● Attractive remuneration package dependent on experience
● Excellent working environment.
● 23 days’ annual leave.
● Medical scheme
● Strong career development opportunity.