About the role
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the financial matters of the company on an on-going basis. The main objective of the Senior Accountant will be to handle tasks and reconciliations, following the International Financial Regulations and Standards (IFRS), on a timely manner. Additionally, everything will have to be recorded accurately, through the use of financial software, with all supporting documentation.
The successful candidate will be reporting and presenting periodic reports to the Head of Accounts of the company.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Preparing and managing tax return and reconciliations for multiple entities
· Assisting in annual audits and different management accounts
· Implementing account management system
· Responsibility over the timely and accurate maintenance of accounting and relevant books and records in accordance with the company policies and procedures
· Cost control and reporting on activities including investments and company assets
· Consistent and efficient cooperation with other departments to ensure the financial function exercises control across all departments
BA in Accounting, Economics, Business Studies, Finance or any other relevant field.
Previous experience in a senior accountancy role
ACCA/ACA qualification, CFA Will be considered an advantage.
Experience in Financial Services will be an advantage
At least 4 years of experience in a previous accounting position is a must.
Fluent English written and spoken is a must
Knowledge of accounting software (E-Soft preferred) Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Multi-Tasking, able to work in a structured manner, attention to detail.
Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
● Attractive remuneration package
● Excellent working environment.
● 23 days’ annual leave.
● Medical scheme
● Strong career development opportunity.