Employer – Cypriot investment firm (CIF), belonging to a Russian financial group, licensed for brokerage and asset (portfolio) management is welcoming relevant candidates to join the small, high-professional and ambitious team.
Start Date: August-September 2016
- Completing the function of pre-compliance (in co-operation with outsourcing Compliance/AML officer): opening/closing the clients’ accounts, maintaining, monitoring, renewing the clients’ files etc. (incl. in electronic databases).
- Communication with clients regarding the activity and documentation (sending out reports and notifications, corrections, clarifications, consulting etc.) as well as with other counterparties and addressees.
- Communication with the upper brokers / custodians / issuers of securities / banks regarding the opening and running of the accounts, preparation of reports, instructions for transactions, corporate actions on securities etc.
- Pre-examination of the client’s instructions for trading and non-trading transactions.
- Monthly reconciliation of the balances in the back-office accounting system with statements of the upper brokers and the banks.
- Maintaining , structuring, archiving of corporate files and documentation .
- Communication with auditors, participation in inspections, preparation of external reporting on the functions in charge.
- Carrying out other functions of back-office as may be instructed by the company’s management (incl. by the principle of employees inter-change etc.).
- Office administrative functions.
Requirements (Please, read attentively and do not apply if your candidacy does not meet all the requirements in full) :
- Russian – native or bilingual, English – full relevant proficiency
- Professional experience with investment companies, banks, legal, insurance firms in EU (pref. Cyprus) or internationally from 2 years in back-office or documentary or compliance/AML functions or alike.
- Residing in Cyprus now or ready to move (for those having worked once in Cyprus or in EU).
- Sound practical knowledge of the process of opening client accounts in financial institutes, of corporate documents of entities incorporated in Common Law jurisdictions, of process and tools of AML-, PEP-checking etc.
- High Degree in economics or law or other form of education providing essential understanding of general functioning of financial institutes, financial products and services, securities, capital markets etc.
- Team-worker, personal and professional communicability, flexibility, pro-activeness, being initiative, open-minded, readiness to learn new, forgetting the phrase “it’s not my duties” (even where it is not).
- Readiness to hard-working.
- References from the past jobs will be required.
Reporting to: Head of Operations / Head of Back-office, CO/AMO
We request at application stage, your salary expectations to be disclosed.
Probation period shall be 6 months.
Please be advised when applying for this position, your full CV will be sent directly to the potential Employer.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.